Thursday, January 17, 2013

New Member of the Family


Cartoon from April of 2009

(click on image for larger view)

This cartoon from 2009 demonstrates my desperate attempt to persuade 
people not to participate in the growing gun culture. 
Well, a whole lot of good that did.

For this one, I did something that I usually try to avoid. I used typesetting
for the text. But, with a looming deadline, it was easy to be weak. What
bothers me is the typeface. I regret not going online and finding a more
appealing comic font.

The cartoon was inspired by a married couple I know who decided it was
time to get a handgun. These folks are in the eighties, and they suddenly
came to the conclusion they needed to arm themselves.

1 comment:

  1. this should be published again. Hmmmmmm. mebbe next week's blog?

    ReplyDelete

Editorial cartoons are designed to provoke thought and encourage civil discourse, so comments are welcome. Comments that are abusive or contain vulgarities will not be posted. Thank you for your cooperation.